Forbidden predicted today that their professional video editing software, Forscene, will redefine collaborative editing in 2016 by enabling new post-production workflows. The company will kick off a campaign aimed at highlighting the benefits of browser based editing with an expanded presence at the first major industry exhibition of the year – BVE 2016.
“Forscene was originally developed and introduced to the local market as a logging and sync-pull solution, but the software is now capable of so much more,” said Jason Cowan, business development director at Forbidden. “We can’t wait to re-introduce Forscene at BVE 2016 – and to help clients realise the potential that this software has to fundamentally change the way they approach post production.”
New Forscene features
New Forscene features aimed at improving the cutting experience for both edit-producers and editors will be released to existing clients on the 8th of February 2016 and demonstrated at BVE. These include:
- The ability to import, display and edit track-names directly on the timeline, and export them as part of an AAF
- Optional clip-name display on the timeline
- The introduction of a solo button which enables one-click, single-track monitoring
- Multiple improvements to sequence logging, including the ability to log and store sequence logging information separately from the source
- Improved support for sharing published clips in the chat window
- Support for HLS as a streaming format with media arriving as growing files
Workflow recipes for success
Forscene’s expanded stand will also include a workflow lounge where leading industry experts will be available to share and discuss their recipes for success on using the UK’s leading cloud-based post-production platform to create more efficient, more creative workflows.
Finally, Forscene will host a cloud editing masterclass at the BVE Post Production Theatre on Tuesday the 23rd of February from 16:20 to 17:00. The session will focus on practical ways to make the most of cloud-based remote editing systems and will include advice from leading post-production teams.
Forscene will be exhibiting at BVE 2016 on stand M30.
email email@example.com to find out more or to book a demo at BVE.