Blackbird has created the world’s most advanced suite of cloud-native computing applications for video – all underpinned by its lightning-fast in-house developed video codec. Its patented technology enables fast, efficient and sustainable content creation in the cloud. Blackbird®’s best in class applications are used by rights holders and broadcasters in mass markets such as sports, esports, news and entertainment. The company’s A-list user base includes FIFA, CBS Sports, Univision, BT Sport, the National Hockey League (NHL) and the US Department of State.
Since it is cloud-native, Blackbird® removes the need for costly, high-end workstations and can be used from anywhere on almost any device. It also allows full visibility on multi-location digital content, improves time to market for live content such as video clips and highlights for digital distribution, and ultimately results in much more effective monetisation. With major growth aspirations, this multi award-winning and highly innovative venture, has recently raised funds to expand its global footprint into new markets in the ‘Creator economy’. This is a fantastic opportunity to join Blackbird as it seeks to accelerate growth through the strategic development of its unique product portfolio.
Reporting to the Director of Product & Operations, our Product Owner will be responsible for driving adoption, evolution and growth of the core Blackbird offerings to enterprise video editing markets. This role is ideal for those with experience in product/technical operations, pre-sales/solution architecture and project management looking for a role in a fast-paced video technology company to define and deliver on new and existing product initiatives. This is an active, hands on role working in a small, collaborative and highly focused team that is passionate about video technology.
What your day-to-day will include…
- both overseeing and being hands on in product scope definition and delivery planning
within an Agile development environment
- planning and delivering upon timelines and balancing urgency against the needs of the
- effectively managing customer and partner relationships
- driving customers towards standardised and re-saleable product offerings
- liaising with key business stakeholders internally and externally to accurately track and
provide status of key deliverables; issue enhancement requests
- acting as a handover point to Support for new product offerings
- complying with company policies and processes, particularly for delivery, commercial
processes & security
- a willingness to proactively assist all departments as required
We’d love to hear from you if…
- you’re keen to learn multiple business skills with direct customer contact
- you have a strong technical background that ideally includes solid experience/knowledge of IT technologies including Linux, VMs, cloud and networking
- you have experience of managing products within an Agile environment
- you have some experience with SaaS and OEM product/integration (preferable but not required)
- you have Scripting and API integration work for demonstrations
- you ideally have experience of video technologies including ingest, codecs, streaming technologies (RTMP, HLS, SDI) and delivery platforms (CMS, CDN, social platforms)
- your experience includes market analysis of competitive landscape and market sizing
- you’re keen to grow skills and knowledge in a fast-paced technology company
- you have an understanding of video production workflows and some experience of video editing (preferable)
- you enjoy collaborating with and working alongside marketing, sales, R&D, support staff, business colleagues and customers
Ideally you will also have:
- exceptional levels of technology leadership and customer engagement skills
- technical and business big-picture thinking to enable prioritisation of monitoring and support
- an ability to work individually as well as in a team with an adaptable and flexible approach to work
- great communication skills with an open, approachable & friendly manner
- a Degree in IT or media/broadcast technology
Blackbird employee values…
- Accountable – taking ownership for how we behave, spend money and deliver high performing services, internally and externally to each other and our customers.
- Innovative – being motivated to make a positive impact, foster creativity that challenges constraints and drives progression.
- Customer focused – Putting our customers first, building positive relationships through outstanding service delivery.
- Driven – never be satisfied with good enough, exceed expectations and take intense pride in everything we do everyday.
- Collaborative – consistently demonstrate an unselfish commitment to working with others to create a collaborative culture.
- Salary competitive (depending on experience)
- Hybrid working practice (Wimbledon HQ)
- 25 days holiday p.a.
- Discretionary Share Options awards
- Health + dental cover
- Company pension: 3% employer contribution
- Electric Car Scheme
How we’ll get to know you!
There’ll be a c.2 stage process to get to know you, including a presentation session. The process
will take c. 3 hrs in total and will include:
- a general get to know you interview
- a role specific & presentation interview
Start the conversation by emailing Anney Wyner: email@example.com with a CV
and a cover note, telling us a little about yourself!
Blackbird is best-of-breed
Jon Hanford - Group CTO, Deltatre