Blackbird recognises the urgent focus on the societal impact of businesses. We believe that the foundation for effective ESG management is robust and transparent governance and integration of these factors into the way we do business.
This includes alignment with our overall strategy and embedding relevant ESG matters into our culture, practices and product offering so that we can contribute to a just and clean world in which future generations can flourish.
Blackbird is committed to conserving natural resources in all that we do – delivering real, tangible environmental benefits to customers and society.
No new hardware manufacture – Blackbird works in any browser eliminating the need to buy new bespoke editing hardware and enabling easy scaling with limited infrastructure investment.
No packaging – our software is available digitally in a browser, without configuration or installation, eliminating the need to send physically boxed products and associated packaging.
Less travel –
- Blackbird is easy to learn with users trained and supported remotely removing the need to travel to domestic and international events and the associated carbon emissions.
- Blackbird enables remote, collaborative editing in the cloud lessening the need to travel to offices and live events.
- our 24/7 support team supports our global clients requirements remotely removing the need to travel.
Less energy –
- the ultra-efficient Blackbird codec enables the publishing and sharing of high-quality video output in situ without the need to upload, download or transport content from point to point resulting in major bandwidth energy efficiencies.
- our codec allows for the highly efficient ingress/egress of video content and will work in very low bandwidth environments. This removes the requirement for energy hungry storage and network infrastructure.
- with Blackbird there is no need for high performance desktop workstations and no requirement for graphical processing units – saving on power usage for cooling and performance.
Staff actively engage in the recycling of paper, cardboard, glass, cans and printer cartridges.
The company operates a tax efficient electric car policy to encourage the use of zero emission vehicles. This initiative was led by our CEO who enrolled in the scheme personally.
The Cycle To Work Scheme – part of the Government’s Green Transport Plan – is actively encouraged which enables employees to save on the cost of a bike and accessories.
Employees use online video conferencing platforms for the vast majority of internal and external meetings to minimise their travel footprint.
Diversity & inclusion –
- Blackbird is proud to employ staff from different cultures and experiences. We always aim to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their background and make best use of their skills and interests. Leadership Team
- For customers, Blackbird can be used in a much more inclusive way than competitor products. Blackbird is designed to work effectively across a wide range of bandwidths, without the need for additional hardware and is accessible from a browser.
Career development – Blackbird is committed to the support of career development for all staff. Our aim is to facilitate personal and professional development enabling employees to achieve their full potential at work. Careers
Anti-slavery – Blackbird has a zero-tolerance approach to modern day slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery does not take place anywhere in our own business or supply chains. Modern Day Slavery Statement
Anti-bribery – Bribery is defined within the Bribery Act 2010 as the giving or receiving of a financial or other advantage in exchange for improperly performing a relevant function or activity. Under no circumstances is the giving, offering, receiving or soliciting of a bribe acceptable and we do not tolerate this in any form across our organisation.
Data Security – Blackbird lets you control where your data is stored and who can access it. Our software ensures that you can keep your high-resolution data stored locally or available to authenticated users through the cloud. Data Security
GDPR compliance – Blackbird is committed to ensuring the protection of all personal information that we hold and to providing and protecting all such data. We fully recognise our obligations to meet the requirements of GDPR.
Board Meetings – Monthly Board Meetings are held to agree and execute the company’s strategy, ensure company operations are in line with strategy, monitor financial performance, make sure procedural and compliance issues are properly dealt with and work with Non-Executive Directors as a sounding board for new ideas.
Executive Directors meetings – the Executive Directors of the company meet weekly to discuss strategic and operational issues to ensure that company objectives are being met.
Management meetings – the company’s management team meets weekly to discuss the day-to-day running of the business to ensure that strategy is aligned and objectives are being adhered to and achieved.
Nominated Advisor (NOMAD) – Blackbird’s Board of Directors works closely with its Nomad who is responsible for advising and guiding the company on its responsibilities in relation to its continuing obligations on the AIM market.
Audit Committee – Blackbird’s Audit Committee provides oversight of the company’s financial reporting process, the audit process, the company’s system of internal controls and compliance with laws and regulations.
Remuneration Committee – the company’s Remuneration Committee ensures that remuneration arrangements support the strategic aims of the business and enable the recruitment, motivation and retention of senior executives while also complying with the requirements of regulation.
Blackbird is best-of-breed
Jon Hanford - Group CTO, Deltatre